martes, 25 de agosto de 2009

English classes during this semester!

Well, I may begin telling how I have found English classes during this semester. In fact it was an abrupt change in methodology this semester in terms of English, because it wasn´t the typical method that we all had to read the whole book and talk a little and then the homeworks on the workbook. These classes were beyond the typical, they were a mixture of the spoken English and grammar, because when the teacher made us speak only in English and asked us, obviously we made mistakes in trying to respond quickly to his question, but I think eventually we realized that our teachers goal was not only that we had to answer quickly, his goal was that we had to think twice before answering and also think in English, because when we translate into Spanish the question, and then we want to answer, we become confused and the truth is that it is a waste of time.

An important fact about our teacher´s methodology was the BLOG. Even it seem really weird and kind of strange at the beginning, I think it really was a distracting way of learning. We could write whatever we want about a movie, etc. It was our personal web page of English, maybe we made lot of mistakes, but the important thing was that we were able to communicate by writing what we want and think about the movie, etc.

Also, we learned that one of the best ways to learn good English, is just talking, and even though we may not understand every word exactly, what matters is whether or not we understand the essence of what someone wants to communicate to us.

The process of teaching in fact was not of my total satisfaction, because in the previous 2 levels of English I was used to another process and in fact sometimes the change doesn´t always seem good to one, but what really matters are the results you get. If I start evaluating my progress in English during this semester, I think I've overcome some weaknesses and some strengths have emerged. For example, I am no longer afraid to speak aloud in public in English, also if I confuse or say a word instead of another now I can tolerate. Still I have some weaknesses in terms of vocabulary, but I know I'm going to be overcome them.

To conclude, I think the grade I deserve is 9.5 (or 10 if the teacher prefers hahaha J ) I believe I´ve tried my best to do the homeworks and duties on the best way, I´ve attended to classes, I´ve tried to collaborate and participate in the different class activities. My absences have been because of work and problems with a subject in my faculty, but without that, I think I´ve done everything I was capable to do, and I´ve done them as best as I could.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario